Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Day 1

Well, I have just returned from a long weekend at my Grandmother's farm and it has hit me...for the first time since I was 16, I am unemployed. Yes, I've been between jobs before, but not for more than a few days. This is "permanent", at least for a while.
While I am very excited about not having to wake to an alarm clock in the morning, I am starting to feel a bit anxious about my decision. After all, I'm almost 36 and I going to college...for the 1st time! It's not like I am returning, taking a few classes to complete my degree...I'm just beginning!
I am very lucky that my husband is so supportive. The other day he told me, "Take your time, so what if it takes you 6 or 7 years to finish?" I had to laugh at the thought... Here I am wanting to go full speed ahead - take 12 - 15 hours a semester so I can wrap it all up in 3 years. You can tell who is the laid back one in this relationship.
Needless to say - there are a lot of very special folks in my life who I feel helped me to make this choice. You are friends and co-workers (oops - former co-workers) who have prayed for me, encouraged me, and even just listened when I had my doubts.
Well, here's to you! God bless you for having the faith in me! I truly feel that God has opened this door for me so here's to me running in!

2 comments:

christinac said...

I am so happy and proud for you! You're gonna go great!! :)

Sandra Hughes said...

Hi Brandi,
Hey, I left home and went back to work full-time!! I had to make huge adjustments! Just lean back on Jesus chest and breath in His word for your life. Stay in Him and continue to ask for strength,wisdom, and revelation for your life. Let His love lavish over you. In Him, love Sandra Hughes