Sunday, July 13, 2008

July 10th

Can you believe it? It has been 10-years since I married John.
Wow...10-years...it does not feel like 10 years. Most days it seems as if time flew by. Looking at our life over these past 10 years there have been a lot of great memories and a lot of difficult times. After all, raising teenagers is enough to make a day feel like a week!
Looking back, I couldn't imagine my life with anyone else. John is truly an amazing person. He has been an incredible husband, despite the fact that he didn't get me so much as a card for our big day, yes, it's true...not even a card.
Anyone who knows me can tell you, these last 10 years have not been easy. Most of it has been spent dealing with difficult children, dealing with my own infertility issues, and dealing with parents who are not such good parents. John has been as supportive as he could, but having had children he can't relate to the infertility part, being the father of the difficult children he was many times "caught in the middle", and witnessing the short comings of my parents I think has helped him to find a happy medium on the two earlier mentioned matters.
I know I am not an easy person to get a long with...but then again, he is not so simple himself.

When it is all said and done, at the end of the day (even after he failed to commemorate our big day with a token of his love) he is my special man. I love him for the man that he is, I love him for the father he is, and I love him for loving me the way he does.

No comments: