Monday, July 7, 2008

My 1st day of school...

Well, here it is...my 1st day of school.
I started the day off with a big bowl of Trix...took a bath and went to the closet and picked out my best Garanimal's outfit...put on my Stride Rite Mary Jane's...put my hair in pigtails...and off to school I went.

Okay - seriously. It was fun. I really like both of my teachers. My Math teacher is new to Houston Community College - she normally teaches at Prairie View and will return teaching there in the fall. She is a few years younger than I and is very laid back and attentive to her class. There are only 5 of us so far...but that could change tomorrow. I have not learned much about my classmates - only that most of them are wanting to go into the medical field. A potential nurse, a future dentist, and a future MD. There is one gentleman in my class who is studying here from West Africa. He has a wife and two young sons back home in Africa - I can imagine he must miss them very much. I enjoyed talking to him today and look forward to learning about his culture. Our ages range from 18 - 35 (guess who is the oldest...and it's not the teacher) so we should learn from not only our teacher, but from each other as well.

My English teacher is young as well; seems very straight forward, but willing to help you learn. She has a few rules on what she expects from her students; punctuality, no cell phones, etc. This should not be too difficult for me - I am not addicted to my cell like many of my young classmates and my Math class is prior to English so I'm only a few feet away. I like her attitude towards learning. She seems that she will be tough, but in a way that will make her students challenge themselves and their writing.

Well, I have some reading to do...

Ciao!

No comments: